Sound therapy works on the principle that everything in the universe is in a constant state of vibration. The speed of this vibration will determine its frequency. Apply this to our bodies and we find that all the cells and even the various organs in our body also vibrate and resonate at different frequencies.
It is believed that each of our chakras also has a certain frequency and that we can use music and sound to stimulate a resonance in a particular chakra which will in turn promote its spin, encouraging the flow of energy and ultimately balance all of the chakras.
Certain vowel sounds are associated with each of the seven different chakras that are aligned along our body. The vocalization of each of these vowel sounds will stimulate a resonance in the related chakra and encourage a balanced state. The Chakras are also related to specific elements of the physical and astral worlds: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Ether, Spiritual Awakening, and Enlightenment.
1. ROOT CHAKRA – “THE MOTHER BEAT” – EARTH
2. SACRAL CHAKRA – “HEAVENLY FLOW” – WATER
3. SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA – “IGNITE YOUR FIRE” – FIRE
4. HEART CHAKRA – “GRATEFUL HEART” – AIR
5. THROAT CHAKRA – “EXPRESS YOURSELF” – SOUND
6. THIRD EYE CHAKRA – “HIGHER VISION” – LIGHT
7. CROWN CHAKRA – “UNIVERSAL HARMONY” – THOUGHT